How to get rid of mosquitoes
What should I do if I have mosquitoes? The most effective way to get rid of mosquitoes is to arrange specialized treatments by fully licensed pest control professionals. Easy Bee Pest Control knows you want to get rid of mosquitoes fast so you can enjoy your yard and home all summer long. This is why we offer specialized and effective mosquito treatment services to get rid of mosquitoes during all life stages.
With growing concerns about such as West Nile Virus (WNV), effective mosquito control services are becoming increasingly important. The best way to stop mosquito is to prevent mosquito bites from happening at all, relying on a treatment which make sure mosquitoes do now want to be around your property.
Do not take any chances with mosquitoes! Call the experts at Easy Bee at 877-327-9233 for more advice or use our online contact form to schedule an appointment.
Easy Bee gets rid of mosquitoes
At Easy Bee, our mosquito experts are fully trained, licensed professionals with knowledge of the habits and lifecycle of mosquitoes. Our industry approved training enables us to treat and get rid of mosquitoes as effectively as possible, helping to avoid painful bites.
Effective methods include the use of products that can control the winged adult mosquitoes and can also eliminate mosquito larvae before they have a chance to develop into adults.
We do not carry out treatment indoors as mosquitoes do not breed indoors. They are reliant on water, which they will often too easily find in your backyard.
Remember: Mosquitoes will breed in any container holding as little as just a cup of water!
Mosquito control for the entire season
We can create a mosquito-free barrier around your property, as part of our mosquito prevention services. This program targets adult mosquitoes around a home. During the day, mosquitoes can rest on the vertical side of buildings or within low-lying vegetation.
Through the application of liquid pesticides to perimeter vegetation, ornamentals and mulch areas, we are able to target adult mosquitoes that will come into contact with these treated areas when they land to rest.
Vegetation treatment for mosquitoes
Using a power sprayer or mist blower (depending on state regulations and license categories), we apply mosquito adulticide to low-lying vegetation.
This method will eliminate mosquitoes on contact and after they land on treated surfaces. The adulticide will continue to repel mosquitoes for several weeks after application.
Our mosquito control professionals routinely assist local health municipalities by sharing information about the numbers and kinds of mosquitoes in a local area. This helps local municipalities determine where they should be concentrating their mosquito control efforts in residential areas.
This treatment targets mosquito larvae and pupae residing in smaller bodies of water. Ideal for use in seasonal pools / puddles, retention ponds, roadside ditches, swampy areas, abandoned swimming pools and water-filled depressions in yards or pastures.
The types of larvicide available to use by professionals:
- Bacillus thuringiensis (BT) – a naturally occurring bacteria that specifically targets mosquito larvae (mosquito dunk). It produces a toxin when consumed. Other aquatic insects, like caddisflies and dragonfly naiads are not affected by BT. This method is less effective in very murky water with high levels of organic material.
- Insect Growth Regulators (IGRs) – block development of mosquitoes to the adult stage. These materials come in a time release block or granule, and when wet, slowly dissolve to release the IGR.
- Monomolecular film oils – biodegradable oil targets larvae and pupae. This is the best environmentally friendly option, because the actives are naturally-occurring and are highly specific to target mosquitoes.
If larvicide products are applied according to the label, and the treated water is not used for drinking water – there is little risk to human and pet health. As a rule, we do not apply larvicide to water that contains fish or that leads to waterways.
Your pest control professional will determine the type of larvicide to use after a thorough inspection / environmental assessment.
Common mosquito prevention tips
The are things you can do as a homeowner that greatly reduce the risk of mosquitoes around your property. You can:
- Get rid of standing water. Dump out any standing water in flower pots, bird baths or around your property. Mosquitoes need standing, still water, to lay their eggs.
- Agitate water. If you have lawn decorations or fish ponds that require water, adding an agitator will stop mosquitoes from laying eggs there and prevent a mosquito infestation.
- Install fans outdoors. If you want to use a porch of patio, just a couple of fans stirring the air will make it undesirable for mosquitoes because they are such weak flyers. Just a little bit of a breeze is enough to keep them away.
- Add fish to fish ponds. There are some species of fish which eat mosquito larvae almost exclusively. Adding these fish to your fish ponds can eliminate mosquitoes before they grow wings, reach adulthood, and start flying around looking for a blood meal.
- Trim vegetation. If you keep the vegetation trimmed and reduce the areas where mosquitoes will want to rest during the heat of the day, you can reduce the likelihood of mosquitoes finding your property appealing
These are just a few things you can do to keep mosquitoes away. The best way to be certain mosquitoes are gone and will stay away all season long, however, is a professional mosquito treatment.
Contact Easy Bee for season long mosquito treatments
Best way to keep mosquitoes away
The main issue with DIY mosquito control techniques is that, although some of them can seem to exterminate mosquitoes on occasion, they aren’t 100% successful.
What you may find when opting to control mosquitoes yourself is these biting insects returning to your property. This is because the DIY options don’t fully resolve your mosquito problem. DIY solutions may be able to get rid of the adult mosquitoes, but the larvae and eggs are often left untouched, resulting in another mosquito problem arising.
Call Easy Bee today at 877-327-9233 for more advice on how to get rid of mosquitoes and for professional treatment.